Sunday, March 04, 2007

22/2 - Miri

End of the holiday, beginning of the EP00 course. I get up at 5:30, and fly to Kuala Lumpur. When I try to check in for the connecting flight to Miri, it appears my ticket hasn’t been paid for… I smooth things over at the Malaysian Airlines office and I’m on my way.

After two hours we are over Sarawak. Miri is a rather nice looking airport, chopped out in the endless jungle of Borneo. I take a cab to the Grand Palace Hotel. I get a Grand welcome, since I’m from Shell, or maybe it’s just the service. From KL on I’ve been tryin to spot people who might be on the course as well, but it seems I’m all alone here. I check into the room, and around 6 I decide to go out and check out Miri. There’s a lot of bars and restaurants around the hotel, but not much else. It’s a bit isolated. To do anything you need a car. The place looks nice and clean though.

When I get back to the hotel I spot some familiar faces. The two Dutch girls, I met in Assen are there, as is Frank, the German guy I met last week at football. They’re part of the Western contingent here obviously, which is further made up of an Englishman, an Englishwoman, two Americans, a Francaise and a Frenchman, and an Italian.

We all go out for a very good dinner (thank you LP), and after that it’s off to bed. Tomorrow the Sarawak Incredible Adventure starts…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home