Wednesday, March 28, 2007

28/3 – Hard work

Working on phase D is no picknick. I’ve worked out the cash flows, but Guusjes spreadsheet is not giving us hopeful results for the NPV calculations. The rest of the presentation scares me to death as we present it during a dry run to Edwanee. I’m very unhappy with the state of affairs at that point, and I’m not the only one. Apparently it showed when I presented the last part of our presentation, Sylvia wrote on her feedback form that ‘Sander looked sad’. Hmm.



So back to work. I spend a lot of time reworking the planning to make it more ambitious, while Guusje, Tan and Edwanee are stumped while trying to work out why our similar volume and expenses do not deliver the positive result they deliver to other groups. Finally Tan and I come to the realization that we must spread our costs more in time; money spend today is worth more than money spent tomorrow.




After dinner with Tan and Frank and another sauna Tan, Shin Yea and I rework the numbers, and lo and behold, it works. We double check, create the required graphs and leave a funny message to the rest of the group.



Tan invites me out to have a drink with him and some friends of his, which we have at the infamous Cheerie Berries. It’s quite enough today though,, even though it’s ladies’ night. Ladies’ night means there’s loads of guys about, but few girls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home