Wednesday, March 21, 2007

16/3 – Phase B Presentation

We can use the morning to work some more on preparing our presentation. We’re up at 3pm, so plenty of time to prepare. The presentation is looking pretty nice, and we decide to have three people present it. I will do Field Performance Monitoring, Uncertainty Management, HSE, sustainable development and the conclusion.

The presentation goes like clock work. Good preparation pays off again. After that it’s time to say goodbye to Ru. He’s leaving us for the rest of the course to go back to Holland. He gets a grand goodbye, balloons, presents, a card and a lot of love from the crowd. The best thing is saved for last: Chia has prepared a great PowerPoint presentation with photos from the last two weeks. Some people have been acting as paparazzi, and the photos have funny text ballons in them. I’m a victim as well; apparently I made some appreciative remark about the rather short skirt of one of our lecturers… needless to say this was entirely misconstrued, but Chia’s interpretation is on the big screen, with many other unsuspecting victims. It’s hilarious.



About ten people leave for Brunei this evening, but my plan is to go to Kota Kinabalu with Frank to chill out on a tropical island. Tonight Simon and Frank join me in shopping in one of the malls. I get six DVDs at one place, and as I give them to cashier, he asks if I want some sexy movies. I guess tourists are usually interested in that sort of stuff… I thank him for the offer, but naturally I don’t get any. Way too expensive ;)

Back at the hotel I have to pack for the entire week as well as two weekends; when I get back from KK, we immediately take the bus to Brunei, and if things go right, my next weekend will be spent in Kuala Lumpur. I chat for a while with Alexis, and at 1am lights go off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home