Tuesday, March 13, 2007

7/3 - Business principles and the creative review

Business principles and HSE. It’s important, and that’s why it’s on the program. For new people it’s useful to get an overview like this. There is a lot material covered in a relatively short time. However, for people who have been with the company for a while all this should already be part of their mental package. I myself and a lot of others have been through the material in greater depth before we came to EP00. Everybody is looking forward to starting on the project tomorrow, and we have to do a lot of work on it.

Our creative review is a roaring success. Alessandro, our Italian guy, gives a great impersonation of Pedro (or Petrol, as his character is called), and Mai does a great job of playing Jonathan, our Incredible Adventure leader (‘I don’t label you guys’, as she sticks post-its on everyone). As the Dutch guy, I’m a shoe in to play Ru, and when Bob, one of the local Malayan guys, bugs in to show his characterization of Helen the roof comes off.

After preparing our syndicate hotel rooms for the project tomorrow, we head off to Pizza Hut with the entire group. Then we head to the bowling alley to roll some pins. Unfortunately the spirit of the Big Lebowski is not with me tonight, and I don’t do very well. It’s a fun evening out though. I also get a SIM card for my phone which will allow me to make cheap calls, so perhaps you’ll hear from me in the near future. Incidentally, calling the Grand Palace Hotel in Miri between 15:00 and 17:00 is also a good and cheap way to get a hold of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home